Monday, July 26, 2010

Gifted

Today I dropped my son Max off at Spy Camp. As I walked away, I saw kids coming for many different camps here at Carroll Community College, some carrying guitars. In one of the kids, I could see that he carried the guitar with pride. He had a look of knowing that he loved his guitar. As I saw him I thought, "I so badly want my kids to know what they love and have been gifted by God to do." Although what we do can never replace God, nor does God love us because of what we do, I think coming to know how God has gifted us is a vital part of our faith journey.

Over the last few years as I have discovered and continue to grow deeper in my knowledge that God has gifted me to write and speak, God has felt more real to me. So today, God, I ask that you reveal to Max, Gus, Nate, Elsa, and Kepha what you have wired them to do. I pray that Mia and I would help them discover their gifts and support them in mastering the natural skills and talents you gave them.

No comments: